SAFFRON ACADEMY TRUST
The Saffron Academy Trust (SAT) was formed in 2011 when its founder school, Saffron Walden County High School, converted to academy status.
Since then SAT has grown and now comprises Saffron Walden County High School, Katherine Semar Infant and Junior schools, RA Butler Academy, Alec Hunter Academy in Braintree, Honywood School, Helena Romanes School and Beckers Green Primary School.
In addition, through an extensive range of collaborative partnerships, the Trust provides support to a number of other primary and secondary schools. One key aspect of the support we provide is to deliver high quality CPD focused both on classroom practice and leadership development.
Aims of the Trust
The educational aims of SAT are to support and promote;
Educational provision which enables pupils and young people, aged 3-19, of all abilities to fulfil their academic potential and achieve their personal best.
A curriculum across all key stages which promotes excellence in the arts and sciences.
Teaching and learning which is highly engaging and geared to students making excellent progress through the key stages.
Transition between key stages (especially key stage 2 to key stage 3) which delivers outstanding continuity of learning.
- A focus on developing all professionals to deliver the highest quality of teaching to all our learners.
- Schooling which is outward looking and allows students to interact with ideas and people from around the world.
- Educational research into factors underpinning successful schools and highly effective learning.
- Involvement with the local area in a way which promotes community cohesion and cultural excellence, especially with regard to music and the arts.
- Our vision is that SAT will develop a local family of schools, both secondary and primary, in the North West Essex area.
For more information on the Saffron Academy Trust please click here.
For the Statutory Company info page, for a copy of the Final Funding Agreement, Incorporation Document and the Articles of Association please click here.
For information about attendance at Saffron Academy Trust board meetings, please click here.
To see all the SAT Newsletters, click here -